During 13 – 17 of April 2015 the 7th World Water Forum took place in Daegu and Gyeongbuk in South Korea.
INBO, UNECE, OECD, UNESCO, UNEP, the GEF, IUCN, GREEN CROSS INT, SIWI, …Jointly with DWF and FWP, and many other interested partner organizations, were involved in the Forum themes dealing with:
– Adaptation to the effects of climate change in basins,
– European Union Water Directives,
– Integrated basin management,
– Basin governance,
– Cooperation to reduce conflicts and improve transboundary water management,
– Training the staffs of basin organizations and their partners.
On Wednesday, 15 April 2015 took place 3 related European sessions as:
- Session Europe region 1
Successful experience of European International Basin Organizations for better managing transboundary rivers, lakes and aquifers in Europe.
- Session Europe region 2
The EU Water Directives: Efficient tools to reach the ambitious objectives of European joint policy to safeguard water and aquatic environments
- Session Europe region 3
The specific European instruments for effective adaptation to climate change in Europe
At this important international event, which is organized every 3 years, have participated, behalf of Central and East European Network Basin Organization ( CEENBO), Mrs. Daniela Radulescu, Permanent Technical Secretary of CEENBO and President of EUROPE –INBO Group in charge 2014 – 2015.
Mrs. Daniela Rădulescu had interventions as panelist in the framework of the following round table and session:
- Round table: Examples of knowledge networks for better basin management. Capacity building through peer-review mechanisms, twinning and networking between Basin Organizations, near by Javier FERRER, Jucar River Basin Authority-Spain, Mustafa SARIKAYA, SUEN – Turkey, Dinara ZIGANSHINA, Interstate Commission for Water Coordination (ICWC) in Central Asia, Tadashige KAWASAKI, Secretary, NARBO-Japan, Mauri PEREIRA, Network of Brazilian BO Secretary.
- Session: Concluding session of the European Regional Process, organized by Danish Water Forum and French Water Partnership– the second round table Climate change (directed towards recommendations for the COP 21), moderated by Henk OVINK (International Water Affairs, Kingdom of the Netherlands)